A champion at the steering wheel
With more than 40 years of experience, Pierre Plouffe, Water Skiing World Cup champion of 2008 invites you to come and share his knowledge of water sports.
A world famous athlete, Pierre has won the Water Skiing Championship in 3 categories more than 20 times. He was crowned trainer of the year in Canada in 1988 and inducted in Quebec’s sport Pantheon Hall of fame in November 2000. Again in 2006, 2007, 2008 he won the Canadian Championship in jump, trick, and overall in the 50 years old and over category!
Pierre is waiting for you this summer!
Athlete inducted in 2000 –
The simple mention of water skiing automatically evokes the name of the legendary Pierre Plouffe. Initially Canadian junior champion in 1966, he was part of the Canadian national team from 1968 to 1976 before becoming team trainer until 1989.
During his long career, he has won several prestigious titles:
- Champion of the Canadian Games in 1969
- Tahiti World cup Champion and Canadian Champion in 1971
- 5th place in the 1972 Olympic Games where water skiing was a demonstration sport
- Holder of the Canadian senior record in the jump, slalom and trick categories in 1976
- Québec’s Champion from 1965 to 1990
- World champion for the 30 years old and over in 1985
- Canadian Senior Champion from 1975 to 1990.
- Canadian Senior Champion of 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- 2008 World Senior Champion (combined) 2008, Spain
The Québec’s Federation of water skiing inducted Pierre Plouffe in the Water Ski Hall of fame in 1994.
In spring 94, the Intrawest group endorsed a project for a water sports center offering many services and activities: water skiing, sailing, windsurfing, catamaran, fishing, canoeing, pedal boating, kayaking, volley ball, nautical day camp.